It is currently Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:09 pm

Getting the most out of ECMPlace- Getting answers 
Site Admin

Post Getting the most out of ECMPlace- Getting answers
We get a lot more posts with anaswered questions than was the case a few years ago. I believe there are a number of simple reasons for this.

First, most of the experts that provided answers in the past are fluent in idiomatic American or British English and many of the questions being posted of late are, well frankly difficult at times to understand. This I believe accounts for a certain percentage of questions being ignored.

Second, and more commonplace, questions that have been asked and aswered some many times over are asked again. The perception of the readers are that the posters don't or can't be bothered to search the system for prior cases and answers. I for one can say that several times I week I see a post I could answer, but I don't becuase I've answer the issue before, many times.

Third, and this is important, one of the key benefits of ECMPlace is that we supplement the vendors support and training, we are not and were never meant to be a replacement for the vendors training, education or production information. We are a forum dedicated to promoting the system by sharing techniques, learnings and methods you would normally be exposed to. This is an opportunity for you to perhaps get some advice from some of the leading IBM FileNet practioners, administrators, consultants, developers, architects and engineers. This is not a free replacement for training or a free staff supplementing system.

There are many fewer people who've contributed to the success of this site than have asked questions. I find that they are less likely to post answers anymore, and I believe that they are less motivated to do so becuase of the poor and repetitive quality of the posting and the lack of thanks they get.

I encourage you, whenever you get an answer or discover and answer, than the the person who helped. It's the least they deserve. In the coming few months we may institute a review of postings or an automated system that searches for similar posting before allowing a new question or topic to be posted. We need to keep ECMPlace germane and as free of specious postings as possible.

Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:36 am Profile YIM WWW